TRAINING & CERTIFYING DATA CENTER PROFESSIONALS - WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS?
During a discussion at one of the major data center conferences this year this struck myself that there are a wide variety of options available to data center managers when choosing development for several of their crucial assets : their personnel!
When I requested the head of information centers at a well known company why they will choose a specific vendors training for their staff that became apparent that they just weren’t fully aware of the many training options available to them. Additionally, it made me feel that I really didn’t know all the options both!!!To improve my comprehending I started to attempt to put together my personal overview of the different options available.
I also wanted to comprehend in more detail the different qualifications members of this network often mention when writing their specialist profiles.This is certainly an appealing area. This turns out theref is very a wide option covering info center design, operations, and management. From what I see so far presently there is no clear leader in phrases of industry recognized certifications.Therefore here is a summary of the options I possibly could find for training and certifying info center personnel. These kinds of focus mainly on infrastructure type training covering design, implementation, operations and management of data centers.We have also left out equipment specific training (HP, Oracle, and so forth) and the more generic/fundamental training such as ITIL or perhaps project management and so on. These could be included to this list later if you think it’s worth it.
• Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data center based on current and future needs
• Describe all parts that are important for highavailability in a data center and how to effectively setup the data center
• Name and apply the various industry standards
• Describe the different technologies for United parcel service, fire suppression, cooling, overseeing systems, cabling specifications, etc, and to pick and apply them effectively to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data center.
• Review the electrical distribution system to avoid pricey downtime
• Enhance chilling capabilities and performance in the data center by using present and new techniques and systems for the increased chilling requirements of the future
• Design a highly reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure fitters apply proper screening techniques
• Create effective maintenance agreements with equipment suppliers making certain the best return on investment
• Setup effective data center monitoring ensuring the correct people get the proper message
• Ensure proper security measures, both procedural and technical, are established to safeguard your firm’s valuable information in the data middle
Click here to get more information about cdcp training